Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Giant Crochet Discord

I have been working on a pattern for Discord from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on and off for the last year-ish. Thanks to a little prodding from someone who saw preliminary photos on my DeviantArt page, I have finally put the finishing touches on the project. If you want to link to the pattern or guides, please direct people through this blog. I like to crochet stuff in my free time, but if there's enough interest in giant crochet things, I'd love to be able to devote more time to it.

Depending how much interest there is in this pattern, I may take a few commissions, but I'd like to see what demand is like, first. Since this project is so time-intensive (read: agonizing at times), I figured I'd share the pattern/assembly guide with everyone because, really, the finished product needs to be yucky-expensive for it to be worth it. If the price is right, I'll do it though... :)

So, without further ado, here's a few photos of Discord. He's roughly 5 feet from the top of his antler to the tip of his tail, and he sits about 3 feet high.
Crochet Discord Front

Crochet Discord from Left

Crochet Discord from Right

Crochet Discord Face

...and because I could.


Here are the links to the Discord Pattern and the Discord Assembly Guide
Be warned, the pattern itself is something like 27 pages long and it has all sorts of increases, decreases, and different stitches. This is not a pattern for the beginning crochet enthusiast.

(Note: The plushie was made with grownups in mind. Use common sense if you're making one for a kid-- sew down small pieces, leave out the wire, etc. I take no responsibility for non-childproofed plushies).

The Assembly Guide is doodled out comic book style because I lost my phone with all the assembly photos on it.
 
I hope you like my pattern, and I would love to hear your ideas/questions/input. 
Thanks for reading!

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with Hasbro, the Hub, or anything else "Ponies." I don't own the rights to the Discord character, nor do I claim to. I'm just a fan who made a giant crochet tribute to him. I don't think this steps on any copyright toes because there isn't a mass-market, decent-looking Discord plush out there (as far as I know). If it does, just let me know and I'll remove it.











No comments:

Post a Comment